Thursday, January 20, 2011

Let the spending begin

I just had a new chain put on my trusty steed.
And I know this is the start of bike accessories
Shopping.... I learned last year the importance of good cycling shorts.
Sure there are bargains out there but you may suffer latter. I like to have 3 different styles
Of short with good chamois that are not too padded,without bumps or ridges
Or stitching that can irritate after riding for miles and days on end. And a good chamois lube. I prefer Brave Soldier but "Chamois Butter" works well.

I also found some specialized BG gloves with ulnar grooves that protect my hands from nerve
damage. I have the long finger version with a nice mesh breathable backing...

And most important is having my bike professionally fit.
Yes it cost me more money but I'm happier now because I don't hurt so much ;)

Mo' later

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to riding with you again...and don't forget to mention a good saddle.....ouchie ouchie wow wow

    ReplyDelete