Sunday, March 14, 2010

48 miles to Globe climbing through Gold Canyon

We left our motel and got on US 60 it's a rough ride with rumble strips,cracks and narrow shoulder for about 10 miles. The scenery was worth it. Most of the traffic gave us room except for those enormous motor homes that hold the lane and push a lot of air.

I rode along snapping photos with the IPhone and wishing I had my camera to capture the beauty. And then I found myself at the end of the line, I arrived at the Buckboard Cafe where the van was waiting to sag us. I was ambivilent about going further because of the tunnel,road conditions and traffic. I sagged giving me an opportunity to see the Red rock canyon instead of grunting up the grade.

And then I got my room
and took an hour nap. Now Im feeling like Im coming down
with some lung thingee again. Ahhhhhh please not that!!'

No comments:

Post a Comment