Saturday, March 20, 2010

Today's ride 88 miles

Left Black Range B&B after a huge breakfast
of scrambled eggs French toast oatmeal potatoes juice coffee and fruit
off we went in the cold morning. Down hill for about 9 miles very slowly
because of the chill factor.I heard it was 28 degrees. It was beautiful country to ride through. Interesting rock outcrops,ranch lands and old west town with ancient adobe
buildings . We climbed a windy pass and descended into a broad valley. I was cold for the 26 miles until I hit the first SAG stop then the
wind died down and cycling became enjoyable again. I had not planned on riding 88 miles. But after the first stop Frankie and I rode together and somehow we found the energy to keep going. We ate lunch in
a Mexican cafe in Hatch, the pepper capital. I also noticed that pecans are grown here.
Frankie and I met up with
Suzanne and we rode the last 20 miles into Las Cruces. Tomorrow we leave New Mexico for
our first of 20 days going through Texas.
Pictures will be posted later

1 comment:

  1. U GO GIRL !!! YIPPEE , YI YO !!!! GOOD TO HEAR U GOT TO ENJOY OTHER PARTS OF NEW MEXICO !!! DONT MESS WITH TEXAS --EVERYTHING IS BIG OVER , AMAZING 20 DAYS !!! UR SURE COOKIN WISHING U ALL A HAPPY & HEALTHY SPRING !!! THE DAFFADILS R BLOOMIN -------- BE WELL francine

    ReplyDelete