Friday, March 26, 2010

60 miles. Fort Davis to Marathon Tx

Pleasant sun filled morning found me cycling alone through the slightly downhill course to Fort Davis . The canyon
was interesting with rock walls on both sides I watched for signs of the javelinas, the small pig like animal that is native to these regions,but
did not see any.
The wind picked up and made cycling a challege especially when I'm
alone. But soon I stopped To help one of my companions change a flat tire. And Lois and Linda stopped to add support and before long
we were all back riding together.
a short stop in
Alpine to refuel and shed some clothes and off we headed to rest stop 2. We had 20 mimes left and that seemed easy enough but the wind was ripping. Lois had another flat and opted to sag and Linda and I fought the last 20 miles into MarathonTx

what a relief to find the Gage Hotel. A renovated railroad hotel decorated in authentic old west.

No comments:

Post a Comment