Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Safford Az to Lordsburg New Mexico. 75 miles

Another day of rest for me. Drove with several others to our distination in New Mexico
And since we passed through another state we will be having a margarita party tonight.

Looks like only 5 women completed today's ride and they are still out there as I type this.

The first section in the morning was very scenic with the snow capped Mt off in the distance and yellow flowers blanketing the hillsides
the light is amazing in the morning but the afternoon brings strong headwinds and that's when the women started sagging in. As a passenger I was protected from the elements and grateful I am.
Word had it that the wind was gusting at 20-30mph.

And there were just miles of waste land. I love desert but this is beyond bleak

No comments:

Post a Comment